A Dynamics 365 solution architect, helps drive the architecture, design and implementation of the platform and subsequent upgrades and enhancements to the platform. Is tasked with understanding how the system plays in the overall Microsoft ecosystem (Office 365, Microsoft 365, Azure and Business Applications).
- 3+ years of Microsoft Dynamics Customer Engagement applications (CRM) product experience and processes along with experience in other MS Dynamics modules.
- 5+ years of project experience and 2+ years of consulting experience
- Professional certification in D365 (CRM) or agree to achieve appropriate certification in agreed-upon timeframe.
- Experience implementing and customizing Dynamics CRM and Dynamics 365.
- Proven ability to create innovative solutions to solve complex business requirements, and streamline/automate business processes.
- Knowledge of how to work with Dynamics CRM SDK (architecturally).
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, communication skills.
- Experience with leading or participating in the gathering and documenting of business processes and requirements for the system with key business users.
- Creation of Functional and Technical Specifications documentation for the project including specifications for customizations, data migration, and system integrations.
- Experience with 3rd party tools such as XRMToolbox for the administration of CRM system
- Building and configuring CRM forms, views, dashboards, and workflows
- Understanding of CRM API, REST/ODATA, and SOAP endpoints structures
- Facilitates discussions with business and technical stakeholders to extract critical business requirements and present a technical vision and solutions in the context of software products, customizations, and integrations to meet those needs within Dynamics 365 (CRM).
- Deep knowledge of the Dynamics CRM, Customer Engagement modules; Sales, (Customer) Service, Marketing & D365 for Marketing, Project Service, Field Service, and Portals.
- Strong understanding of when to use native features and when it is appropriate to use custom development.
- Ability to successfully communicate this information to both internal and client teams.
- Stays engaged with the product roadmap and upcoming features and offerings on the platform.
- Participates with implementation delivery team to develop a solution proposal that includes scope, assumptions, implementation plan and roadmap, and technology solution options to meet project goals as well as longer term needs.
- Provides leadership and technical guidance to the project team throughout the implementation to ensure accurate delivery of project plans.
- Maintains knowledge of third-party software vendors to leverage complementary offerings and effectively “compare and contrast” solutions.
- Provides current best practices and solution alternatives as part of functional or technical design documents.
- Communicates complex topics regarding solutions and related projects to audiences both with and without deep technical skills.
- Ability to be client-facing including effectively communicating with the client, leading meetings, and capturing and distributing action items.
- Assists with upgrades of on-premises CRM environments and migration to D365 cloud
- Occasionally assist with providing inputs to the project plans, estimates, and scope for sales proposals and statements of work.
- Participate in implementation customization and configuration for D365 solutions.