Talos Digital is looking for a Senior Network Security engineer capable of designing and engineering network security services that provide visibility and help defend the network at all layers.
- Great English skills, both written and spoken.
- 4+ years as a security professional.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, demonstrated self-starter, ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong technical aptitude, a desire to learn, and a very strong interest in security is a must.
- A deep understanding of network security principles and how to apply them.
- Ability to respond to critical events at all hours.
- Solid experience with routing, switching, VPN, wireless infrastructure, load balancer technology, packet brokers and MPLS technologies.
- Strong network infrastructure security skills including device hardening, firewall, IDS/IPS, SIEM, malware detection, transport, and at-rest encryption.
- Experience utilizing identity services to secure networks including 802.1x and SAML concepts.
- A thirst for improvement and an inclination to thoughtfully challenge the status quo.
- Desire to try things and iterate on them, fail fast and focus on functionality that matters.
- Leverage data to drive design and risk decisions using analytics to create clear metrics and reports.
- A clear understanding of securing infrastructure in AWS.
- Hands-on experience with Palo Alto Networks firewalls, highly segmented and transient networks, and complex hybrid cloud (on-premises and cloud-native applications) ecosystems.
- Excellent understanding of common web-based vulnerabilities (XSS, CSRF, etc.).
- 2+ years working in a Linux environment.
- 2+ years working in a Microsoft environment.
- Strong knowledge of Snort IDS, preferably in conjunction with Sguil.
- 2+ years of Palo Alto experience including network security design and operations specific to DMZ / perimeter, network segmentation, and network administration.
- Knowledge of shell scripting.